About Me

My Photo
Miss Vicki
A Nail That Sticks Out Gets Hammered
View my complete profile
Photobucket

25 April 2008

I Need a Queer Black Hero


Over at RaceWire The ColorLines Blog they were asking 'Who Needs a Black Queer Hero?'

Well I do.

I especially could have used one when I was a young girl around 10 years old growing up. A kickbutt cute tomboi lezzy action Super Heroine Hero - yeaah! Don't get me wrong Wonder Woman was cool and all - but?

I would even buy me some queer action figure dolls today. Shoot man, align them up on my desk relax and take a break.

Instead I will make a compromise and it's a good compromise to make.

"Freedom Train Productions promotes new political theatre written by up-and-coming playwrights. All of our plays feature Black Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender (LGBT) hero and shero characters."

Keep Reading I need a Queer Black Shero!

No comments: