However, instead of showing the pride celebrations and the wonders of the same-sex marriage, that has been granted we should talk about this:
Here are a few facts the media ought to be discussing:
- Despite the greater ability of same-sex partners to understand each others' points of view, same-sex relationships tend to be short-lived. (Diggs, The Health Risks of Gay Sex, p. 9)
- Homosexual households are also more prone to domestic violence. For example: "The incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population," according to D. Island and P. Letellier in Men Who Beat the Men Who Love Them (New York: Haworth Press, 1991). A study in the Journal of Social Service Research reported that "slightly more than half of the [lesbians surveyed] reported that they had been abused by a female lover/partner." (G. Lie and S. Gentlewarrior, "Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications," No. 15, 1991.)
- Same-sex "marriage" doesn't just redefine who can be married, it's an attempt to redefine marriage itself. As homosexual writer Michelangelo Signorile put it, "A middle ground might be to fight for same-sex marriage and its benefits and then, once granted, redefine the institution of marriage completely, to demand the right to marry not as a way of adhering to society's moral codes but rather to debunk a myth and radically alter an archaic institution."(OUT magazine, 1994)
- How will the "archaic institution" be redefined? Pro-homosexual author Judith Levine: "Because American marriage is inextricable from Christianity, it admits participants as Noah let animals onto the ark. But it doesn't have to be that way. In 1972, the National Coalition of Gay Organizations demanded the repeal of all legislative provisions that restrict the sex or number of persons entering into a marriage unit; and the extension of legal benefits to all persons who cohabit regardless of sex or numbers .... Group marriage could comprise any combinations of genders."
- A new definition of monogamy that excludes fidelity, especially among gay males. In a 1984 study of 156 male couples in relationships lasting 1 to 37 years, researchers McWhirter and Mattison found that only seven couples had maintained sexual fidelity, and none of the exclusive couples had been together for more than five years. (Also, see Diggs, The Health Risks of Gay Sex, p. 8.)
Same-sex "marriage" offers our friends in the press quite a lot to write about, if they'd just take off those party hats." OneNewsNow.com
Poor little thing really has it twisted!
Let's talk about Divorce and the reason for it - granted to heterosexuals who could no longer get along. And, what about Domestic Violence laws and shelters? Uhm why are the laws and shelters in existence - because heterosexuals beat the crap out of the ones they've been known to love. Let's see monogamy - please just give me a break, another one of the adulterous reasons for divorce as a law. And, since we're on the subject - why do we have Adoption an adoption laws - because for whatever reason heterosexual couples and singles chose to not raise their children.
Any of the categories and topics which dear sweet Fitzpatrick wants to focus on he best remember how its origination was formed.