About Me

My Photo
Miss Vicki
A Nail That Sticks Out Gets Hammered
View my complete profile
Photobucket

16 May 2007

Subway Has Employee Arrested for an Unpaid Drink

This is truly one of the saddest stories of ignorance an injustice I've read in a very longtime, which I found by way of Capitalism Bad;Tree Pretty. I strongly urge everyone to boycott by not stepping one foot inside of a Subway Restaurant.

"A food worker who poured two cups of Diet Coke at work without paying for them has lost her job and is facing criminal charges.

Dunedin worker Jackie Lang was fired from her fulltime job at fast-food franchise Subway after she shared a drink with a friend while consoling her during a break. About two weeks after she was fired, police charged her with the theft of two cups of Coke valued at $4. She will appear in Dunedin District Court this month."

I wish that I could find this hard to conceive, but I don't. And, I personally find that not only Subway but the arresting precinct has committed a much larger crime. Placing a young woman with Asperger's syndrome, which is a form of autism in a jail cell? For something which cannot even be considered a felony or by law a misdeameanor. No act of violence etc.

Read more at Subway Has Lost Their Minds and My Patronage at stuff.co.nz.

No comments: