About Me

My Photo
Miss Vicki
A Nail That Sticks Out Gets Hammered
View my complete profile
Photobucket

12 June 2008

The Joy of Gay Sex Pulled From Shelf of an Idaho Public Library

The removal of these books has caused quite the debate among library board members and the community over the years. The board has voted on the issue four times in the past two years, initially rejecting the censorship request unanimously in 2006. The mayor appointed three new board members since then, and all voted in favor of removal.

"The Joy of Gay Sex" and "The New Joy Sex" are now removed permanently, they will be kept in the director's office, available upon request.
Even in school libraries, the U.S. Supreme Court has sided against removal of library books once they are already on the shelf. School board members cannot vote to remove a book simply because it goes against their religious beliefs or they do not like the ideas displayed in the book. Board of Education v. Pico, 457 U.S. 853, 868 (1982) (plurality).

You can read about hate genocide how to make a bomb and all kinds of uglies, you can even pull a book off the shelf about your President George W. Bush, but something as natural as 'sex and the joy of it' well go through the director.

Geezle Pete the Library of Education!

1. Sex Education books voted off Nampa library Shelves.
2. Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

5 comments:

Queers United said...

I hope every civil libertarian and gay rights activist requests the book from the director to make a statement. I would say it really loud, UM HI DO YOU HAVE THE JOY OF GAY SEX PLEASE? lol

Miss Vicki said...

LOL! Wouldn't that be a grand idea, shucks wish i would have thought of it...lol

Queers United said...

that would be a great sight, i want to videotape you saying that and upload it to my blog =)

Anonymous said...

If we all do that, they might need a waiting list. That could be fun, too. I wonder where the director will be keeping it in the office...

Miss Vicki said...

LOL...hippiemeg, the director will have it sitting right up under their nose, i suspect they are probably reading it now, getting them some real good tips!

I'm wearing my favorite color pink for my debut on Queers United Blog!

I'm practicing my lines as I pen these words.

Hope ur day has gone well.